The Carbon County Library System is dedicated to improving life within our county. With volunteer help we are able to make our libraries better and create a stronger community.
- Being involved and able to make a difference in your community
- Meeting new people
- Knowing what’s going on in the community
- Learning opportunities
- Being recognized
- Supporting your local library
How Do I Become a Volunteer?
- Complete the Adult or Minor Volunteer Application form.
- Submit the completed application to your local library.
- The library will contact you to see what is available that fits your needs.
If you would prefer to donate money instead of time, donations to the Carbon County Library Foundation are tax deductible. Call 800-343-0953 for more information.
Sponsor a Reading Program
The Carbon County Library System accepts money, prizes, or supplies needed for the Winter Reading Program and Summer Reading Program. These programs are annual events that promote literacy for all ages by providing incentives for reading.
- Supervising or being a library representative at a program
- Event planning
- Sorting book donations
- Home deliveries
- Sorting through unbound and bound newspapers
- Program preparation and cleanup
- Outreach assistance
- Tech services preparation
- Poster and flyer deliveries
- Raising Readers
- Packaging Interlibrary loans
- Taking care of library materials
- Document editing
- Recycling and shredding
- Skilled trade work
- Joining the library Foundation